Orange Cloud was founded on January 2015 and our dedication has been focused on CDN support, networking engineering and sales consultations.
We have built our teams around our client MaxCDN, one of the world wide famous CDN providers based in LA California.
Orange Cloud had been driving towards the excellent customer service that can compete on a world market as well as high level performance and quality of service.
We have a fast growing team specialized for variety of services in global distribution scope.
Network Operations Center Engineer
The Network Operations Center Engineer will provide direct network and server technical
support in a fast paced, team oriented, worldwide environment. As a NOC Engineer
your responsibility is to analyze and diagnose issues escalated from Technical Support.
You will perform an initial review and investigation of these issues. This includes root
cause analysis, determining areas of interest, and narrowing the focus of the investigation.
You will use and maintain utilities to facilitate and improve investigations and provide
knowledge and tools to the Technical Support staff to assist with their efforts. You will
also work with members of the Engineering team by assisting them with reproducing issues,
isolating problems and understanding how customers have deployed and use our products and
technology. You will look for broader patterns and provide feedback on areas of potential
improvement. The NOC Engineer reports directly to the Operations Center Managers and is
responsible for case creation, case routing/escalating, status communication, solution
design and working directly with third party vendors.
The ideal candidate is a solid team player, someone who’s willing to both help and be
helped by fellow NOC engineers. This role ultimately crosses multiple divisions to make
sure that issues are addressed quickly and efficiently, and our customers get the best
possible experience with us.
Skills & Requirements
- Positive, can-do attitude and a willingness to go the extra mile to make sure that issues get resolved completely.
- Strong Linux systems administration (CentOS, RedHat Enterprise, Security, RPM Packaging)
- Experience utilizing configuration management and deployment systems such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible and Saltstack
- Experience in managing and troubleshooting Internet networking technologies such as DHCP, ARP, subnets, routing (BGP), firewalls (IPTables and hardware)
- Systems Scripting Experience (Bash. csh or equivalent)
- Experience with SQL (MySQL Administration and Queries)
- Strong Experience in managing and troubleshooting DNS
- Strong Experience in HTTP transactions and troubleshooting
- Strong Understanding of SSL technologies including certificates, handshakes and ciphers
- Strong experience administering and troubleshooting Nginx
- Knowledge in load balancers and web accelerators (HAProxy, Varnish, etc)
- Experience working with Github for configuration and software management
- Knowledge in utilizing and configuration of Network Monitoring Tools (Graphite, Cacti, Nagios, New Relic, etc)
- Knowledge in networking router and switch equipment (Juniper, Cisco, Arista)
- Knowledge in working in Datacenter environments
- Flexible in working various shifts (Weekends)
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated self-starter
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks
- Strong ability to learn and improve
- Ability to be autonomous
Please, drop us a note with your resume on email@example.com if interested!